It’s May, and you think summer is still weeks away. But given today’s 80 degree weather, it’s time to get serious about finalizing summer camp plans or your kids will be on THE WAITLIST.
In case you’re wondering, these Bay Area camps are at least 90% full as of May 15:
- Wheel Kids Bicycle Club, San Francisco
- Rock Band Land, San Francisco
- A Little Yumminess, San Francisco
- Crissy Field Center Summer Camp, San Francisco
- Kid Stock, multiple locations (some spots left for St. Philip location)
- X Kids Tech Camp, San Francisco
- Young Builders, Palo Alto
Camps that are filling up very rapidly:
- Celsius and Beyond, San Francisco
- Camp Edmo, multiple locations
- Avid4Adventure, multiple locations
- SF State Community Youth Sailing and Paddling Program, San Francisco
- Art School of SF Bay, San Francisco
- Ohlone for Kids and Teens, Fremont
- Bricks 4 Kidz SF, San Francisco
- Kidizens, multiple locations
If the camp you want is already full, there’s no cost to be added to the waitlist when you shop on ActivityHero. Joining the waitlist is a good idea because there’s always a chance that the camp will add more sessions when they see how many potential campers they have.
But keep in mind that the camp might not ever be able to open up a spot for waitlisted children. And even if the camp does open a spot, you might not find out until 1 or 2 days before the camp starts.
Our best advice? Register as soon as possible to secure your spot, especially if the camp you want is a popular one. And if your favorite camp is waitlisted, add your name to the list — but start looking for back-up plans right away.
If you’re still feeling iffy about your plans, look for camps that have a cancellation policy that will let you switch weeks or change your mind with a small cancellation fee.
Find camps with their availability on ActivityHero right now >>